Being a Personal Trainer I know how much of a struggle getting to the gym can be, I even find it tough.
Luckily getting a workout in at home is super easy. It requires almost no equipment to get your heart pumping and muscles firing.
So if you are short on time here is a fat burning muscle toning workout you can try for yourself. During this workout we are going to focus on lots of awesome body-weight strength exercises to help develop muscle tone and burn lots of calories.
This workout is great as a circuit to get it done in less time and get your heart rate pumping.
If you get some resistance bands it will really help take this workout to the next level. If not just do them with body-weight and add 5-10 repetitions. Aim to complete the whole circuit 2-3 times.
- Hip Thrusts – Loop a band around your feet, pull it over your hips and then drop the hips down and up. Use a sofa or low table to rest your shoulders on for the correct height. Aim for 15-20 repetitions.
2. Elevated Split squats – Put your leg on a sofa or low table and then squat up and down on the other leg, try not to lean forward, instead sit back on the other leg.. Alternate legs and aim for 15-20 each leg, they burn.
3. Elevated leg bridge – Once again use a sofa, chair or low table. Put one leg on it and hold the other up and push your hips as high as possible until just your shoulders are on the floor, this is great for the back of the legs. Aim for 15-20 repetitions.
4.Triceps dips – Using a chair or bench put your arms behind you and legs forward, the straighter the legs, the tougher it is. Now dip down and up aiming for 10-15 repetitions.
5. Band rows – Obviously if you don’r have a band omit this one. Sit on the floor with straight legs, rap the band around your feet and pull aiming to get your arms to either side of your ribs. Focus on keeping a straight back. Aim for 10-15 repetitions.
6. V-sits – Lie on your back and aim to sit up bringing your legs and back into the air until you make a v-shape. If you find it difficult, bend your knees and it will be a little easier.
7. Straight arm side plank – Everyone does the plank, although its a good exercise. Try stepping it up with this great and tough variation. Get on your side with both legs on the ground and using a straight arm push your hips up into the air as high as you can. Aim for 8-10 of these each side.